The IMTC Distinction
IMTC was established in 2003 by Geoffrey Wilford and Jon Olney, two veterans of the California Fire Service, and Boone Emmons, a nationally recognized expert in training high performance teams. Our IMTC leadership and and subject matter experts have strong backgrounds in national level incident management, as well as in-depth experience with FIRESCOPE, the multi-agency organization that developed the Incident Command System (ICS). As a single member LLC under the ownership of Geoffrey Wilford, IMTC remains distinctly unique from other providers by utilizing nationally-recognized subject matter experts who are gifted instructors and who are integral in writing the ICS doctrine for national implementation. Based on our reputation for developing exceptionally high quality, technically sound doctrine and curricula, IMTC has been involved in almost every facet of the development of the nationwide Incident Command System and the All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT) program.
- IMTC provided the subject matter expertise to the US Fire Administration for continuous enhancements to the internationally acclaimed O-305, All-Hazards Incident Management Team Introduction course (2017-2023)
- IMTC provided the US Fire Administration with assistance in further development and solidification of their All-Hazards Incident Management Team Technical Assistance Program (2017-2023) and transition to the AHIMTA (current)
- IMTC provided the US Fire Administration with assistance in development of the O-325, National Qualifying Exercise, in support of the 3-Tiered Preparedness System implementation (2018-2023)
- IMTC was the national Incident Command System and incident management training provider for the United States Coast Guard (2012 – 2017)
- IMTC was the United States EPA Incident Command System and incident management training provider during its ICS implementation program (2003 – 2010)
- IMTC was awarded the Nationwide Train-the-Trainer development and delivery program for the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) sponsored position specific training program from its inception in 2005 until 2014
- IMTC was the exclusive developer of the original eighteen position-specific training courses for the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) sponsored All-Hazards training program
- IMTC has developed or presented over twelve-hundred ICS and All-Hazards incident management courses or exercises in thirty-five states as well as internationally
- Only IMTC personnel were the DHS recognized subject matter experts who, while working under contract for the National Integration Center, completed; resource typing nearly one-hundred positions for Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs) and on-scene ICS positions and resources, revised and edited the Emergency Responder Field Operations Guide (ER-FOG) under review, the draft Multi-Agency Coordination Guide, the Area Command Guide, the model Position Task Books under development, and the NIMS ICS Qualifications Guide for all ICS positions
- IMTC is recognized nationally as a full-spectrum All-Hazards incident management consultancy capable of providing effective and reliable solutions.